Responsible Recycling / Recycling Industry Operating Standard
The R2 and RIOS certifications are solely for electronics recyclers to demonstrate to customers that electronics equipment is being recycled with the highest standards for environmental protection, worker health and safety, and data privacy, and facility security.
RET3 works to demonstrate leadership in electronics recycling issues, support responsible recycling practices, and actively participate in projects to advance the safe and sustainable management of used electronics.
Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety
RET3 is committed to the recycling of end-of-life electronics, providing logistics and recycling services to keep electronic waste out of landfills in a manner protecting the environment, worker health, and safety, of our clients and community.
- RET3 is committed to continual improvement.
- RET3 is committed to the prevention of pollution and prevention of injury and ill health.
- RET3 is committed to comply with applicable legal and other requirements relative to the environmental and occupational health and safety aspects of our business.
- RET3 is committed to providing a framework for setting and reviewing quality, environmental, health and safety objectives and targets.
- RET3 is committed to manage used and end of life electronic equipment based on a reuse, recovery, disposal hierarchy including onsite and downstream materials management throughout the recycling chain.
- RET3 is committed to manage Focus Materials throughout the recycling chain to final disposition with due diligence to protect our environment.
- RET3 is committed to continuous improvement achieved through monitoring of objectives and targets and rigorous evaluation of our management system.
- RET3 is committed to communicating and reinforcing this policy throughout our company, as well as, to our customers, our suppliers and to the public.
2.0-P Quality, Environmental Health & Safety Policy – 3.0
Effective Date: 8-10-2017
Through corporate collections, municipal collections and public drop-offs RET3 acquires equipment from all corners of our community. For more information on donation locations in Cuyahoga County click here.
Inventory & Sort
Equipment enters our facility and is weighed, labeled with tracking information and tracked throughout our facility. We continue to track your equipment if refurbished, or if your equipment is reused and given new life through programs RET3 supports.
Refurb or Reuse
As a Microsoft registered refurbisher, RET3 refurbishes usable computers and loads them with the latest operating systems and application software.
Unusable equipment is de-manufactured accordingly and usable parts and raw materials are sold to end users for reuse in other products.
End-of-life electronics that cannot be re-purposed are sent to recycling for de-manufacturing. De-manufacturing electronics means to disassemble them into their original components for recycling.